Palo Santo is a sacred tree in South America and it means “holy wood”. Native American cultures used it in traditional healing and spiritual ceremonies. Palo santo has lots of benefits but only when a tree dies naturally and decomposes for up to eight years. Only then the oils in the wood are mature enough to be processed into sticks or essential oils.
Palo Santo is known to be one of the most fragrant woods in the entire world. When it burns, it releases sweet notes of pine, mint, and lemon.
Palo Santo benefits:
- spiritual purifying and energy cleansing
- its scent is relaxing
- might help ease stress
- helps to clear negative energy
How to use Palo Santo?
There are a few options and a few ways of using sticks:
- to relax and calm down: sit comfortable and like above, use a lighter or a match to ignite palo santo stick, close your eyes and let the smoke surround you and take the stress away
- before meditating: use a lighter or a match to ignite your palo santo stick and let it burn for 25-30 seconds before blowing it out. You will see white smoke, and this scent will help you ease your mind and prepare your body for meditation
- for clearing your space: you always start with the intention to get rid of negative and bad energy in your space. Use the lighter or a match to ignite the wooden stick and move it around the room. Try to wave the stick to let smoke reach every corner. Stay focused on your intention. Depending on the time, you will need to relight Palo Santo.
Do not leave the flame burning for more than a few seconds!
Palo Santo is packed in a cotton bag ready to use.